Posted on April 04 2018
WARNING : These properties, indications and methods of use are taken from reference books or websites in aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and phytotherapy. They are found regularly and for many confirmed by observations in a scientific environment. However, this information is given for information purposes, they can not in any way constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use of essential oils, hydrosols and plants or plant powders for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor.
GET RID OF LICE NATURALLY
Lice are small parasitic insects a few millimeters long and live in our hair by feeding on our blood. Their life takes place in 3 phases:
- the nits (eggs) firmly fixed very close to the hairline, with a sticky substance that makes them difficult to remove, even brushing.
- the nymphs : young lice able to feed, but still unable to reproduce.
- the adult lice : able to breed and the female lays about 5 to 10 eggs a day.
HOW ARE THEY TRANSMITTED?
Lice do not jump and do not fly! They are transmitted by direct contact, hair to hair, and through objects that have been in contact with the scalp: hair brushes, hats, caps, pillow cases ... The risk of contamination persist as long that the lice are alive, that is for a period of one to two months.
SYMPTOMS OF A LICE INFESTATION
Difficult to see with the naked eye, lice are often detected by the itching they cause in the scalp. Heavy scratching leads to skin lesions that can become infected and crusts. To confirm the infestation, look for lice and / or nits on the hair, examining the scalp, wick by strand, and under good lighting.
HOW TO GET RID OF LICE NATURALLY?
- In case of epidemic , it is necessary to act in prevention and to avoid the propagation. We will use first the essential oil of Lavandin (pure or added to a shampoo), which is a great anti-lice repellent . Also, some simple gestures, such as tying long hair, avoiding the exchange of hats or pillowcases, and regular hair inspection will be very helpful.
- In case of declared infestation , the essential oil of Lavandin , suitable for children from 3 years, remains the "must" in the fight against lice, because it is used both in preventive and curative. The Vegetable oil of Coconut and Neem used in hair masks, will complement simple, natural, ecological and effective solutions.Coconut Oil stifles lice (on the other hand, it has no effect on nits). Neem Oil is a formidable natural insecticide, very effective on lice and nymphs and could even alter the development of nits thanks to its azadirachtin content.
The treatment is mainly aimed at eliminating all adult lice and nymphs. The comb will help eliminate nits. No treatment can eliminate all nits with certainty, but a few nits are enough to re-infest, so it is essential to repeat the treatment 7 to 10 days later , once the nits have hatched but before they adult lice capable of laying eggs. It is sometimes necessary and recommended to repeat the treatment a third time 2 weeks later.
WARNING : These properties, indications and modes of use are taken from reference books or websites in aromatherapy, hydrolatherapy and phytother...Read More
HOW TO ELIMINATE CE...
Cellulite , orange peel , saddlebags : so many names to designate the same phenomenon, relatively common but feared by many women . Swelling of f...Read More
ABSCESS, BOIL, WHITLOW
In the family of unpleasant skin infections, I would like ... Boils, Whitlow, and impetigo. Three infections caused in the majority of cases by the...Read More