Very rich in natural methyl salicylate, this oil is known as a powerful soothing active and is traditionally used for joint and muscle comfort and for the care of athletes.
Method of obtaining
Complete distillation by steam entrainment
Part of the extracted plant
- 100% pure (free from other nearby essential oils),
- 100% natural (not denatured with synthetic molecules),
- 100% integral (not discolored, not deteriorated, not rectified ...)
Cosmetic and well-being ingredient
Organic & wild (lots 18HE0174 and 19HE0016)
Amber glass bottles with a reducer and cap
October 2017 (lot 18HE0051), May 2018 (lot 18HE0174) and March 2018 (lot 19HE0016)
Use preferably before the end of
October 2021 (lot 18HE0051), May 2022 (lot 18HE0174) and March 2022 (lot 19HE0016)
On the label, the lot number is followed by a letter indicating the packaging series.
- Appearance: limpid mobile liquid
- Color: yellow to slightly pink
- Odor: warm, camphor, slightly caramelized, with leather notes
1.17 - 1.19
94 ° C
Main biochemical constituents - Gas phase chromatography of lot 18HE0051 :
- Esters : methyl salicylate (99.46%) , ethyl salicylate (0.07%)
Main biochemical constituents - Gas phase chromatography of lot 18HE0174:
- Esters: methyl salicylate (99.04%) , ethyl salicylate (0.06%)
Main biochemical constituents - Gas phase chromatography of lot 19HE0016:
- Esters: methyl salicylate (99.40%) , ethyl salicylate (0.23%)
Essential oils are sensitive to UV radiation as well as to the progressive evaporation of their constituents. It is therefore imperative to store your essential oils in colored glass or aluminum bottle with a tight seal at a temperature between 5 ° C and 40 ° C.
- External use only, do not swallow.
- Do not use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, or in children under 7 years old.
-It is an Irritant in its pure state: always dilute well, maximum dosage 20% in your oily preparation for localized applications, maximum 5% if more extensive application. Dilute this essential oil very strongly in your water-dispersible composition before using it in an aromatic bath.
- Reserve for a localized application, avoid overly large areas, especially at high doses.
- To be avoided in people allergic to aspirin or salicylates derivatives.
- Due to its possible thinning effects, do not use in people following an anticoagulant treatment.
- Do not use it in the day time
- Keep out of reach of children.
- As a general rule, always make an application test of your preparation, in the crease of the elbow, at least 48 hours before using it.
- Dangerous. Observe the precautions for use.
- Harmful if swallowed.