May 2019 (lot 19HV0206)
Use preferably before the end of
May 2021 (lot 19HV0206)
On the label, the lot number is followed by a letter indicating the packaging series.
- Appearance: oily liquid
- Color: yellow to golden yellow
- Smell: sweet and characteristic, with green notes
- Touch: fairly rich when applied, silky, then penetrates quickly
Major fatty acid composition - gas phase chromatography of batch 19HV0206 :
- Polyunsaturated essential fatty acids (PUFA or EFA) or vitamin F: linoleic acid (omega-6) (0.8%)
- Monounsaturated fatty acids (MIFA): oleic acid (omega-9) (66.3%) , palmitoleic acid (2.4%)
- Saturated fatty acids (AGS): behenic acid (4.4%) , stearic acid (4.2%), palmitic acid (7.0%), arachidic acid (3.2%)
Focus on behenic acid: linoleic acid is a saturated long-chain fatty acid, quite rare in vegetable oils. Poorly absorbed in the intestine, it is little used in food, but takes all its interest in cosmetics, thanks to the soft and protective touch it brings and its excellent oxidation stability. Its long-chain structure is ideal for sheathing, smoothing, and nourishing the hair fiber. It is to this characteristic fatty acid that Moringa oil owes its nickname "ben oil" or "behen oil".
Other active constituents :
- Phytosterols (stigmasterol, campesterol, beta-sitosterol): restorative, protective and soothing
- Tocopherols (alpha-tocopherol, delat-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol) or vitamin E: antioxidants, fight against premature aging
Stable vegetable oil. Keep dry, away from heat and light.